AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher modifies the AMD/ATI video driver to allow higher resolutions and refresh rates by removing the 165 MHz pixel clock limit for single-link DVI and HDMI, the 330 MHz limit for dual-link DVI, and the 400 MHz limit for VGA.
- Windows Vista or later
- 5000-series GPU or newer
- CrossFire requirements:
- R9 285/290/290X/295X2 and newer cards can handle higher pixel clocks without CrossFire bridges.
- Older cards require two CrossFire bridges if the pixel clock is greater than 300 MHz. This is only possible with cards that have two connectors. It will not work properly with more than two cards. Dual-GPU cards such as the 7990 will not work properly at higher pixel clocks.
- Version 1.4.12 is compatible with Catalyst 11.9 to Adrenalin 21.9.2. It can be used with future versions if it finds the limits you need.
- Run atikmdag-patcher.exe. (If you only need the BIOS signature patch, rename it to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe first.)
- If all limits are found, click “Yes” to patch and sign. If a limit is not found or if multiple matches are found, the patcher needs to be updated.
To restore the unpatched driver, run the patcher again and click “Yes” to restore from backup.
Unpatching is not required before upgrading drivers. Simply run the patcher again after installing the new driver.
- 1.4.12: Updated for 21.9.1/21.9.2. Fixed CrossFire limit.
- 1.4.11: Updated for 21.6.1-21.7.2. Fixed Radeon Software issues.
- 1.4.10: Updated for 21.4.1.
- 1.4.9: Fixed HDMI-DVI limit for 20.11.2 and HBlank limit for 20.5.1.
- 1.4.8: Updated for 20.5.1.
- 1.4.7: Find new SL-DVI/HDMI limit.
- 1.4.6: Find new HDMI-DVI limit.
- 1.4.5: Updated for 17.4.1. Find new DP-DVI/HDMI limit.
- 1.4.4: Find BIOS signature check.
- 1.4.3: Fixed HBlank limit for 16.12.1.
- 1.4.2: Find 56 horizontal blanking (HBlank) limit.
- 1.4.1: Fixed an issue that prevented the driver from loading correctly with earlier versions of Windows 10. This does not affect the anniversary update.
- 1.4.0: Updated for 16.9.1. Changed the way the driver is located and patched. Replaced 640×480 limit with low-resolution limit. Fixed VGA limit for 32-bit.
- 1.3.6: Find 10-resolution limit for Radeon Settings.
- 1.3.5: Updated for 15.11 Crimson. Find 640×480 limit for Radeon Settings.
- 1.3.4: Try to improve finding DVI/HDMI limit for newer drivers. Removed blue screen workaround for 14.6/14.7.
- 1.3.3: Updated for 15.3. Fixed DVI/HDMI limit for 32-bit.
- 1.3.2: Updated for 15.2. Fixed DVI/HDMI limit for 64-bit.
- 1.3.1: Find 297 MHz HDMI 1.3+ limits. Run 3 times to properly repatch an existing installation.
- 1.3: Removed blue screen workaround for 14.9. Fall back to self-signing if signing fails.
- 1.2.7: Attempt to work around some antivirus false positives. Repatching is not necessary.
- 1.2.6: Fixed AMD APP encoding for 14.6.
- 1.2.5: Updated for 14.6. Fixed TMDS and VGA limits. Implemented workaround for SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION blue screens.
- 1.2.4: Updated for 14.4. Fixed SL limit on DL-DVI.
- 1.2.3: Updated for 13.30 and upcoming 14.x releases.
- 1.2.2: Find new HDMI limit for 12.9+.
- 1.2.1: Find 400 MHz VGA limit.